Pattern Approval Engineer, Science & Technical Levels 4/5/6, National Measurement Institute
Job no: 494239
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: National Measurement Institute, APS Level 4, APS Level 5, APS Level 6
About the team?
The National Measurement Institute (NMI), a division within the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is Australia's peak measurement body responsible for biological, chemical, legal, physical and trade measurement. The Pattern Approval section is looking for motivated individual who is a team player to work with manufacturers and importers of measuring instruments in use for trade.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- strong analytical skills and an ability to solve complex problems
- strong communication skills and a willingness to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
- demonstrated understanding of the operation and design of measuring instruments
- the ability to think methodically and to organise own work
- the ability to work cooperatively as part of a small team.
What you will do?
The position would involve close work with other experienced members of a small dynamic team who are at the forefront of technology, this unique opportunity offers career progression and development.
Key responsibilities include:
- assessment of documentation such as test reports, user manuals and design specifications, in support of pattern approval applications for measuring instruments used for trade
- testing and analysis of the function and operation of measuring instruments
- working with team members to improve business processes
- drafting of certificates of approval
- use of MS SharePoint to update website with current certificates
- ensure suitable and accurate records of correspondence and assessments
- communication with clients regarding progress and results of Pattern Approval applications
- responding to enquiries of potential clients and other stakeholders as appropriate.
The successful applicant will have tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)#LI-TW1
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Mario Zamora on 02 8467 3833 or Mario.Zamora@measurement.gov.au
Learn more about the department
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend