Content Designer(s), APS Level 6, Digital Strategy and Operations
Job no: 498051
Employment type: Non-Ongoing - Specified Term, Ongoing
Categories: APS Level 6
About the team
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is seeking experienced content writers/editors to join the Website Consolidation Project for 4 months starting in March 2018, with the possibility of 12 months extension. The Website Consolidation Project is working to significantly improve the department’s capacity and capability to deliver compelling, user-focussed content to our stakeholders; and to provide simple, clear and fast services to Australian taxpayers.
Our ideal candidate
Successful applicants will have experience in:
- writing and editing for the web
- working with subject matter experts to turn complex information into plain English
- creating, updating and reviewing content based on the end to end user journey
- using evidence, data and research to make content decisions
- user-centred and responsive design
- developing accessible content
- stakeholder engagement and change management
- web content management systems and HTML (highly desirable)
Successful applicants will:
- have outstanding communication skills
- be adaptable
- capable of working in an agile project environment
What you will do
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team, you will design, write and edit content for a new website based on user-centred design and web best practice principles. You will be required to work closely with subject matter experts to write informative, discoverable and accessible content, with a strong focus on end-to-end user journeys. You will be required to champion change and assist in the education of improved digital literacy.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill current non-ongoing APS Level 6 positions for an initial period of 4 months. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 6 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised. Future non-ongoing opportunities may be offered for an initial period of up to 4 months with the possibility of 12 month extension (maximum 3 years).
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Cassandra.Hawkins@industry.gov.au or (02) 6102 9374.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend