About the Division
AusIndustry delivers programs, services and advice to help businesses of all sectors and sizes start, run, innovate and grow. We deliver the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s programs to businesses and other stakeholders, enabling growth and productivity for globally competitive industries. Through our simple, accessible services and information, and streamlined interactions, AusIndustry is recognised as a leading delivery arm of the government.
Our Ideal Candidate
As the Administration Officer you will be responsible for all administrative functions for the WA State Office of AusIndustry. You will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member with a sense of humour and an ability to produce high quality outcomes within tight timeframes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Exceptional time management & organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional phone manner.
- Knowledge of systems and processes or the ability to learn quickly.
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of administrative procedures and corporate governance.
- Delivery of quality services for both internal and external customers.
What you will do
As the successful candidate you will:
- have regular use of government systems, including Technology One
- assist staff with credit card reconciliation and payments
- arrange staff travel
- conduct asset management
- procure office equipment and stationery
- assist with the preparation of monthly adhoc financial reports
- provide IT Support
- provide support to high level management
- be the first point of contact on reception for customers and stakeholders
- coordinate property issues
- conduct breach and compliance management and reporting
- manage events, room and VC bookings for departmental and non-departmental areas
- manage administrative procedures and corporate governance
- provide other duties as required.
The successful candidate will require a current driver licence.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a current ongoing APS Level 4 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 4 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised. Non-ongoing opportunities may be offered for an initial period of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension (maximum 3 years).
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Kerry Hemsley via Kerry.Hemsley@industry.gov.au or on 08 9287 3586.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.