The Graduate Development Program at the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is a great way to start your career in the Australian Public Service. Our program is based in Canberra and will commence early February 2019.
- a two year program
- four work placements to experience the diversity of roles and responsibilities across the department
- specialised on-the-job capability development and training
- advancement to APS 5 after successful completion of the first year
- the opportunity to collaborate with other graduates on a major project, tackling real-life policy issues, engaging with our stakeholders, and presenting your findings to the department’s Executive
- the opportunity to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Business in Applied Economics & Policy or Strategic Management in Government through the Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- a dedicated team to support you throughout the program
- a commitment to continuing professional development after the graduate program.
We value people who have strong skills in communication, teamwork, research and analysis, adaptability, initiative and judgment. If you also have work experience, political awareness and/or business acumen, it is a bonus!
We welcome applications from graduates from all disciplines, particularly: economics; commerce; public policy, business, law and science. The department also has a limited number of graduate opportunities for Information & Communication Technology and accounting specialists.
To be eligible for a graduate position you must:
- have completed as a minimum a three-year undergraduate degree, or have completed one by the end of 2018 (if you have an overseas qualification it must be recognised by National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR))
- be an Australian citizen
- be prepared to relocate to Canberra.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Please provide:
1. An 800 word pitch describing the skills and experience you would bring to the graduate role and the department incorporating the following:
- well developed communication skills
- well developed research and analytical skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment
- personal qualities including adaptability, flexibility, initiative and judgement
2. Your current CV (maximum 3 pages)
3. A copy of your current official academic transcript (noting that we understand you may still have units to complete)
Please note: Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any changes, however, you may update your personal details at any time.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact The Graduate Team on 02 62136501 or via email at email@example.com
Learn more about the department
The department’s current terms and conditions are outlined in the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 (the Agreement). The Agreement can be accessed from the department’s website: http://www.industry.gov.au/
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruited and retaining people with a disability.
Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/industrygrads) or visit our website www.graduates.industry.gov.au for videos, important dates and tips on applying.