About the team
The Entrepreneurs' Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity at the firm level. The program delivers its services through a national network of more than 100 experienced private sector business and Commercialisation Advisers and Facilitators who provide business advice and support to businesses to assist them to commercialise or improve their competitiveness and productivity.
The Accelerating Commercialisation and Incubator Support Program Delivery section operates as a national delivery network with dedicated teams located in South Australia, Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales.
There is one position being advertised which has responsibility for managing a small, fast paced, high performing team located within the AusIndustry office in Adelaide, South Australia.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate relevant experience in government program delivery and/or grant program management/design
- work with limited supervision and take responsibility for managing a small team and delivering on delegated tasks in a timely manner
- have the ability to review merit criteria assessments including analysis of large and sometimes complex documents, conducting appropriate due diligence of claims being made, ranking applicants and writing succinct summaries of strengths, weaknesses, issues and risks
- be able to demonstrate good judgement, think strategically and logically
- have an ability to build and maintain close constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- be highly organised with experience in managing high peak workloads and be able to deliver results, particularly within short timeframes
- demonstrate they are customer focussed
- be an effective communicator, with strong written skills and
- have financial analysis skills and knowledge of or experience in business – desired but not essential
What you will do
As an Assistant Manager, you will provide support to the Manager of the Accelerating Commercialisation and Incubator Support Program Delivery team, to ensure the successful delivery of its programs.
Duties of the advertised position include:
- assisting the Manager set the strategic direction of work for the team
- approving reports, the assessment of applications provided to the Entrepreneurs’ Programme Committee and project variations, processing payments and reviewing grant agreements .
- managing relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including program delivery and management colleagues, business customers, Commercialisation Advisers and Regional Incubator Facilitators
- championing change and innovation within administrative processes
- undertaking work-on-hand under a national program delivery model, as well as contributing to other ad-hoc reporting and
- supporting the team with Ministerial and other requests as required.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
The advertised position will be based within the AusIndustry office in Adelaide, South Australia.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a current ongoing Executive Level 1 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
Non-ongoing opportunities may be offered for an initial period of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension (maximum 3 years).
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, please provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- Tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Daryl Carter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9268 7968.
Learn more about the department
The Department consolidates the Australian Government’s efforts to drive economic growth, productivity and competitiveness by bringing together industry, resources, science. Our Department is progressive, people-focused, and committed to the development, health and wellbeing of its employees. We encourage and value a diverse workforce. People with diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
If you require some assistance with your application please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.