About the team
The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) is a Council of Australian Government (COAG) standards writing body that is responsible for the development of the National Construction Code (NCC), comprising the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and the Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA). The ABCB is a joint initiative of all three levels of government in Australia. We are a credible and influential organisation, with a mindset and capability that engages with and educates our stakeholders on a diverse range of contemporary issues. We have an agile workforce, possessing leading edge technical knowledge. Coupled with a high performing workplace, we deliver stakeholder and industry focussed outcomes through a user-centred approach. For more information about the ABCB, visit our website www.abcb.gov.au.
The role of Project Officer, Business Support and User Services Team is professionally diverse and requires broad skills in project management, reporting and stakeholder engagement. The roles involves managing both the ABCB’s Enquiry Service and the administrative side of the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system while providing advice on the unique IP, licensing and analytics requirements of the ABCB. The role requires strong team work and communication skills, time management skills and the ability to manage several competing tasks on a daily basis. The role also involves contributing to the broader administrative tasks of the organisation and reporting to an EL1 and the Chief Operating Officer.
Our ideal candidate
The ABCB seeks an individual with the following skills and attributes
- The ability to build strong working relationships and effectively engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills.
- Sound communication skills, both oral and written and the ability to work across teams.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage competing priorities with ease.
- The ability to quality assure, analyse and interpret data.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property and privacy laws.
- Sound project management skills.
- Sound professionalism and judgement with the ability to work independently while delivering quality outcomes, in line with agency goals and objectives.
What you will do
The successful applicant will:
- manage the ABCB’s Enquiry Service including:
- liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- responding to escalated enquiries
- monitoring trends and updating scripts
- monitoring the ABCB’s enquiries inbox and
- reporting to the ABCB’s Executive
- produce high quality advice for various stakeholders on ABCB Intellectual Property requirements including:
- trademarks and disclaimers
- copyright and privacy laws and
- liaison with the Department’s Legal Team as required
- manage the administrative arrangements of the ABCB’s Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system including:
- responding to and disseminating enquiries
- liaising with the Department’s IT team and
- managing the migration of the existing CRM to the newest version
- manage the ABCB’s Third Party Provider requirements including liaison, monitoring and licensing arrangements
- manage and interrogate the ABCB’s data analytics/statistics and provide regular reports to the Board and Executive
- provide broader administrative support for the ABCB including arranging domestic travel and general operational assistance to the Office as required
- undertake the role of overseas travel co-ordinator.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
Relevant tertiary qualifications and or 2 years or more experience in Project Management is desirable.
This recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing APS level 6 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 6 vacancies, should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Rebecca Hanrahan at Rebecca.Hanrahan@abcb.gov.au or on 02 6276 1854.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.