About the team
The People Policy and Recruitment Team in the People and planning Branch of the department is seeking applications to temporarily fill the role of Assistant Manager - Recruitment.
The team supports the department in building a high performance organisation through providing strategic, employee-focussed recruitment advice and services.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be responsible for recruitment outcomes for the department. You will have
- strong stakeholder engagement skills with a customer service focus, enabling you to provide a value added service to the business areas by understanding their needs and priorities
- strong leadership capability and change management skills with a proven record of achieving results
- demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships
- strong strategic thinking skills
- an ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced and changing environment
- highly developed communication skills (both written and verbal), judgement and problem solving skills
- excellent research, analytical, administrative, time management and organisational skills.
A sound understanding of contemporary recruitment principles and practices will be highly regarded.
What you will do
The successful candidate will lead a team to deliver a large range of work including:
- providing quality recruitment advice to stakeholders including senior staff and the executive
- working within legislative frameworks, identifying and considering emerging trends, and developing innovative solutions to associated issues
- leading engagement with key stakeholders and managing relationships with other government agencies and key groups
- managing Senior Executive Service recruitments
- enhancing the delivery of professional, quality and timely recruitment advice.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a non-ongoing Executive Level 1 position initially for up to 12 months. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Bryce McNicol on Bryce.McNicol@industry.gov.au or 02 6102 8898.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.