About the team
The Business Engagement Services (BES) is in the AusIndustry – Support for Business Division. Our purpose is to ensure the business.gov.au (BGA) website is an exemplar government website. We do this by engaging with users by conducting user research through our digital engagement capability, co-writing business content with subject matter experts and ensuring BGA has useful content for our users. The team author & publish grant program content, events, social and news channels and other business information on BGA and its related sub-sites.
The team is also responsible for managing the Contact Centre services and all the contractual arrangements delivered through a strategic external vendor partner Probe Group. The service supports phone, web chat and email channels.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a dynamic fast moving environment and bring a personal commitment to their work.
Candidates will be able to:
- demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills and have the ability to nurture internal and external stakeholder relationships
- demonstrate relevant experience in management of a government website
- demonstrate strong knowledge of Web Content Accessibility guidelines, authoring and publishing of information in various forms (text, video, graphical) via websites and intranets
- show experience in analytics and web data applications and knowledge of search engine optimisation will be desirable
- work with limited supervision and take responsibility for managing a small team and delivering on delegated tasks in a timely manner
- be able to demonstrate good judgement, think strategically and logically
- be highly organised with experience in managing high peak workloads and be able to deliver results, particularly within short timeframes
- demonstrate previous management and delivery of digital projects.
What you will do
As an Assistant Manager you will provide support to the Manager of Business Engagement Services by leading a small team who author and publish information in various forms (text, video, graphical) on the business.gov.au website and the department’s intranet.
You will also work collaboratively within our Digital Engagement Capability colleagues in the Digital Strategy and Operations (DSO) Division following the Digital Transformation Agency Digital Service Standards. You will be assisting in project work & have the ability to promote service culture and an understanding of our user needs.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This position is full-time and our preference is the position be based in Canberra. Travel may be required as part of this position.
This recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing Executive Level 1 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Jenni Philippa, Manager, Business Engagement Services Section firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6276 1012.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.