Finance Officer, APS Level 4, Financial Services Branch
Job no: 502403
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: Finance, APS Level 4
About the team
The Financial Services and Travel team is responsible for providing centralised services for accounts payable, credit cards, debt management and recovery, accounts receivable and receipting, procurement processing and advice and guidance with associated financial policies and procedures.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidates will have:
- an understanding of the Australian Government's financial framework (including the Commonwealth Procurement Rules) and the accrual accounting principles in a public sector environment
- demonstrated experience in financial management processes, preferably in the public sector environment, and the use of financial management systems (for example, TechnologyOne)
- proficiency with MS Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Word
- an ability to develop productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- good written and verbal communication skills
- a commitment to a culture of teamwork, excellence and continuous improvement
- high level of attention to detail
- a customer service focus.
What you will do
To be successful in this role, you will:
- undertake financial quality assurance and data entry including accounts payable and overseas payments; accounts receivable, receipting and debt management; procurement and grants; credit card transactions and reconciliations; journal processing (including end of month accruals)
- receipt and bank cash and prepare bank reconciliations, process bank fee journals and manage miscellaneous receipts
- assist with procurement, accounts payable and/or credit card reporting
- assist in the management of debt recovery cases, including follow-up of outstanding debt, preparation of correspondence and liaise with Legal and line areas on appropriate follow-up action
- review and assess credibility of the Debtor processing Credit Applications and undertake monthly debt analysis
- demonstrate experience in using a financial management information system (for example, TechnologyOne)
- be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a number of current ongoing positions. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS level 4 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Jenny Williams Jenny.Williams@industry.gov.au or 02 6213 6550.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend