About the team
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science – through its business service delivery arm AusIndustry Business Services – provides a range of services and advice to help businesses start, run, innovate and grow. These services support businesses of all sizes and sectors of the economy. Information is available through business.gov.au, an online resource that offers simple, convenient access to government information, forms and services.
The AusIndustry National Outreach Network provides a professional and trusted face-to-face service to business through experienced Business Advisers and Facilitators, Regional Managers and Customer Service Managers in over 20 locations across the country.
Our ideal candidate
AusIndustry - Business Services is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to perform the role of Regional Manager in the South East, Riverland and Murraylands regions of South Australia. The ideal candidate will require:
- a sound understanding of the characteristics of industries and firms and an appreciation of the realities of operating a business in a regional area
- an understanding of the issues impacting the nominated region(s)
- a proven ability to develop networks and foster effective working relationships with key stakeholders including senior representatives of industry, businesses, community organisations and government
- an ability to capture and analyse business and economic intelligence relative to the region and relative to the department’s interests in the region
- an ability to market the department’s programmes and services in the region and an ability to be seen in the region as a creditable representative of government for information and referrals
- well-developed communication and presentation skills with a focus on engaging with business
- a demonstrated ability to work autonomously without direct supervision and to collaborate across internal and external networks
- an understanding of and strong commitment to customer service and the Industry department’s priorities.
What you will do
Reporting to a State Manager, the Regional Manager will:
- undertake a varied and challenging workload, raising awareness and facilitating access for businesses to government programs and services; developing and maintaining relationships with relevant businesses, industry and business association representatives and other government bodies; preparing a range of reports; promoting the department's interests and maintaining the department’s profile in the region
- maintain a detailed knowledge of the region’s industry/business profile, as well a detailed knowledge of the issues impacting industry/business in the region
- represent the policy and programme interests of the Australian Government and the department in the region
- undertake public presentations, formal representations, and providing assistance to the Minister and department’s Executive when in the region.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
Must have a current driver's licence and a preparedness to undertake extensive vehicular travel across the region.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
A relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in delivering business improvement programs would be desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant will be expected to regularly travel to the State Office in Adelaide and the National Office in Canberra.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Adam Comley via firstname.lastname@example.org, or on (08) 8406 4706.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.