As a Senior Executive Service Band 1, you will form an integral part of the Digital Strategy and Operations (DSO) leadership team and play a significant role in contributing to the strategic direction of the department, delivering reform and driving change in both policy and divisional operations. You will be one of the four General Managers reporting to the Chief Information Officer and have a key part in promoting cross collaboration across the department and government.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a strategic, innovative and self-motivated person with exceptional relationship, change management and influencing skills, along with the drive and initiative to make a difference.
You will play a critical part in the formulation and delivery of Digital Services to the department’s internal and external customers. The outcomes delivered by Digital Strategy and Operations (DSO) underpin all of the department’s business outcomes.
What you will do
We are looking for a person with a proven track record who demonstrates:
- a strong ability to build and maintain productive working relationships to achieve cross government outcomes
- excellent communication and negotiation skills
- experience in leading significant change programs
- excellent understanding of the mechanisms of government including cabinet and whole of government processes to enable cross departmental delivery
- high level leadership capability (including intellectual leadership) and superior people management skills
- analytical abilities of a high order and experience in solving complex issues under compressed timeframes
- a proven ability to achieve organisational objectives collegiately
- a background in information technology, digital government or service delivery, particularly at the senior level
- an ability to maintain a strategic focus, recognise opportunities and deliver outcomes
- exceptional ability to develop partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior ICT based roles are preferred.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Using the information provided about the role and the person in the Candidate Information Kit, tell us, in one page or less, about the value you would bring to the role.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
Candidate Information Kit - SES Band 1 DSO.docx
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Rebecca Lee, Chief Information Officer on 02 6276 1050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.