About the team
The ICT Security team is responsible for overseeing ICT security within the Department and supported agencies. The successful applicants will be required to liaise closely with the ITSA, Department’s ICT outsourced service providers, other Government agencies and the Agency Security Advisor (ASA) to ensure services are delivered in a manner which meet both the Departments needs and security standards of the Australian Government.
Our ideal candidate
The Department is seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals to provide operational ICT Security support for the agency under the guidance of the Information Technology Security Advisor (ITSA). A suitable candidate should have an:
- Understanding of and experience in ensuring compliance with the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM). Ideally they will possess skills in ICT security, risk management and/or related disciplines.
- Strong understanding of the change and problem management process (ITIL).
- Understanding of the investigative process
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Server and Network Operations skills
It is desirable but not mandatory that candidates have skills and experience with security related technologies such as:
- Logging Solutions
- Web and Content Filtering
- Antivirus Solutions
- Application Whitelisting
- Malware Analysis
- E-Mail Filtering
- Data Loss Prevention
- Advanced Threat Protection
This recruitment may also be used to fill vacancies in the Server Operations Teams.
What you will do
These roles will perform the following functions:
- Accreditation - Assisting with the accreditation of the Department's information systems against the PSPF & ISM
- Application Security – Security operation practices, development practises, and penetration testing.
- Infrastructure Security – Server and desktop security as well as endpoint security products.
- Network Security - Firewalls, web application firewalls, proxies.
- Operational Security – including monitoring systems, security information and incident management.
- Cloud Security – Understanding of cloud solutions.
- User Training - Assist with end user support and training.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
It is highly desirable that the successful applicants will be able to hold and maintain a clearance at the NV2 level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Wayne Barker via email@example.com, or on 02 62136382.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.