About the team
AusIndustry - Business Services Division delivers a range of industry and innovation programs.
The Tasmanian Office enables AusIndustry’s grants management and advisory service capability that supports growing strong, self‑reliant and innovative businesses. As part of a service delivery network with extensive reach across Tasmania and Australia, our small team delivers programs, including managing contracts and stakeholders; and delivers government services to businesses and other organisations.
We want to hear from talented candidates who are keen to assist Australian businesses innovate, grow and succeed. Successful candidates will deliver government programmes and be able to identify the needs of Australian businesses and other organisations and connect them to appropriate programmes and services.
We are seeking someone with:
- the ability to self-manage and deliver on tasks in an agreed manner, including the ability to work to tight timelines
- well-developed people skills with the ability to quickly form working relationships both internally and externally to the organisation and be a team player
- prior experience in grants program delivery or managing contracts and program compliance
- excellent written and oral communicate skills
- excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to adapt to new and changing IT systems.
Tertiary qualifications are desirable.
What you will do
For this role, duties may include:
- analysing business plans, research and development, or other proposals from businesses seeking government program support
- assessing eligibility and/or merit of applications for program support, in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines, and justifying recommendations with appropriate evidence
- managing contracts and program compliance in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
This role is based in the AusIndustry Tasmania State office in Hobart.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Danielle Kellahan on 03 6230 9921 or via email Danielle.Kellahan@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.