Senior Programme and Events Officer, APS Level 6, AusIndustry, Support for Business
Job no: 502871
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: APS Level 6
About the team
The Entrepreneurs' Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity. The programme offers support to businesses through four elements:
- Accelerating Commercialisation – helps small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers to commercialise novel products, services and processes.
- Business Management — provides access to a national network of experienced business advisers and facilitators to assist small and medium business improve their business practices, become more competitive, and take advantage of growth and collaboration opportunities in order to increase their capability to trade in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries.
- Incubator Support – assists new and existing incubators to improve the prospects of Australian start-ups achieving commercial success in international markets, through helping them to develop their business capabilities.
- Innovation Connections – provides businesses with access to a highly skilled facilitator, for the purpose of reviewing the business’s research needs. If required, the facilitator will connect the business to expertise within the research sector and help to define a project scope.
An opportunity has become available at the APS 6 level for a Senior Programme and Events Officer coordinating the delivery of targeted and tailored events for Australian small and medium businesses to learn and embed new skills. We deliver over 200 events each year, creating a fast-paced work environment and requiring stakeholder management, customer service, and events management skills to achieve success.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and proactive working in a busy and dynamic team. You will have:
- experience in working in a programme delivery environment including event management
- excellent stakeholder management skills including the ability to work across a distributed network
- extensive procurement and contract management experience
- excellent communication skills including formal writing experience.
What you will do
Duties of the role include:
- coordinating the development, procurement and delivery of learning events on behalf of the Entrepreneurs' Programme
- contributing to the strategic direction of learning events by working with senior members of staff and service delivery providers
- directing and undertaking analysis of event and attendee data to uncover trends to support strategy and continuous improvement
- liaising with an extensive stakeholder network to navigate complex delivery issues
- building frameworks and processes to support the continuous improvement of services within the team
- supporting the development of junior staff members.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Mel Cox on 02 6213 6919 or via Mel.Cox@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend