About the team
Questacon has a small IT Team that builds and maintains strong connections across the whole organisation through delivery of high level client services for the Questacon internal network, ensuring best practice for business systems.
The Questacon IT Team has responsibility for providing support to Questacon's critical internal network that services a 7 day a week, public facing organisation.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will have strong strategic leadership capability to manage an enabling services team to deliver critical services and drive excellence in customer service through the provision of information technology services.
What you will do
The Questacon IT Manager role, through provision of strategic management and leadership, will play a key role to ensure Questacon’s IT experience achieves a consistently high level of client service while building and maintaining strong connections internally and externally to ensure best practice for Questacon business systems.
The role requires
- a high level of technical and IT system knowledge - tertiary level of studies in Business IT and/or project management
- skills to manage complex IT projects and identify solutions
- strong management of resources to deliver organisational goals
- capability to build and foster teamwork
- a high level of communication skills
- demonstrated self-awareness, personal drive, integrity, professionalism and a proven commitment to APS Values, Code of Conduct and WHS principles.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
Prior to commencing, successful applicants will be required to:
- Undergo a ‘Working with Children’ Police Check; and
- Obtain or hold a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a current ongoing Executive Level 1 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact: Sally D'Addio, Senior Manager Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.