About the team
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s AusIndustry – Industry Capability and Research (ICR) division delivers a range of programs that focus on driving industry growth and development for target sectors and encouraging research investment. The division interacts with industry, research organisations and universities, as well as businesses through a variety of programs. The division has several vacancies in the Research and Development Tax Incentive and Industry Research and Investment branches.
These positions are Canberra based.
Opportunities that are available in the Research and Development Tax Incentive Branch are in the following teams:
- Compliance Management and Governance
- Strategy, Insights and Evaluation
- Reform Implementation and Program Improvement
- Quality Assurance and Engagement
The Co-operative Research Centre Grants team also has positions available. That team is part of the Industry Research and Investments Branch.
Our ideal candidate and what you will do
Our ideal candidates work well within a team and have the capability to contribute to the achievement of ICR program objectives. Your excellent interpersonal and written skills make you an effective communicator. You enjoy challenging work and bring your analytical, conceptual and judgment into action to meet challenges.
In a typical day you can expect to be making a difference to Australia’s industry capability and research through a range of activities, including:
- developing reports and analysing data for compliance and other integrity management evidence to support enhanced program outcomes
- scoping and delivering program improvement projects
- assisting in progressing an ongoing suite of behavioural insights initiatives aimed at improving program delivery outcomes
- performing grants administration and contract management
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders to better administer programs
- engaging in program design, implementation and working with our policy partners
We welcome applications from those with backgrounds in behavioural economics, data analysis, procurement, communications, project and contract management.
Please indicate your preferred level of employment as well as your preferred team in the ICR Division.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Mr Shon Fletcher on 02 6276 1926 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.