About the team
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is responsible for the implementation of Commonwealth Grant and Incentive Programs. The Department requires a Customer Service Manager to work as part of AusIndustry’s – National Outreach and External Grants Administration branch in the South Australian State Office. The team requires the individual to assist in the delivery of multiple programs.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will preferably have previous grants management experience, including program delivery, grant assessment and contract management. They will have strong customer service, and written and verbal communication skills. The ability to manage and supervise staff. They will be able to work independently and effectively as part of a team. They will be able to demonstrate strong IT and system skills, and work well under pressure, to tight deadlines, and achieve results.
What you will do
The Successful applicant will:
- work within multiple programs undertaking quality assurance, grants compliance and assessment work
- have high level communication skills – written and verbal
- communicate with and manage a variety of stakeholders including; business, industry groups, government departments, Minister’s offices, and non-government organisations
- have well-developed research and analysis skills with the ability to reach evidence based conclusions
- be flexible and able to deal with competing priorities while maintaining quality outputs
- maintain, develop and effectively use grants management, data management and customer relationship management tools.
The position(s) will be offered to successful candidates at either an APS5 or APS6 level, commensurate with how well they fulfill the requirements of the position.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
The position will offered for an initial period up to 31 December 2019 and extensions may be considered depending on future workloads.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Adam Comley on 08 8406 4706 or Adam.Comley@industry.gov.au
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.