About the team
For more than 20 years, AusIndustry has successfully delivered over 200 programs from targeted grants to advisory services. We have administered more than $20 billion to businesses and individuals.
We deliver whole-of-government grants administration for business through the Business Grants Hub, offering agencies streamlined, end-to-end grants management services from planning and design through to delivery and evaluation. Our simple, effective and user-centric approach makes it easier for businesses to find, apply and receive a grant.
The Assurance and Business Process Configuration team is responsible for supporting AusIndustry as a centre of excellence for the delivery of programs and services on behalf of the Business Grants Hub. We work with teams across the department to provide advice on grants policy and help deliver programs in line with whole of government and Business Grant Hub frameworks. We hope to deliver best practice grants program design, to ensure that our new grants management platform aligns with Business Grants Hub arrangements.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking an ongoing Executive Level 1 to assist the manager to deliver the team’s assurance functions.
The successful candidate will be:
- experienced in government grant program design, management and/or delivery and who wants to help others benefit from that experience
- a strategic and logical thinker who can deliver results while engaging in complex problem solving and issue management
- adaptable to a fast-paced and changing environment with a keen eye for detail
- an effective communicator with a history of engaging stakeholders
- highly organised with experience in managing workloads and multiple projects and
- capable of working collaboratively and independently.
What you will do
The successful candidate will:
- contribute to shaping AusIndustry’s program and service delivery arrangements
- undertake reviews of program implementation and delivery to report to the AusIndustry Executive on what’s working well and what could be improved
- continuously improve program and service delivery arrangements as a result of lessons learnt from various sources such as the Australian National Audit Office or program review activities
- provide advice to teams to assist them to apply the whole of government grant framework and comply with Business Grant Hub frameworks
- assist with the conduct of assurance training.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Trish Cattell on 02 6213 7378 or email Trish.Cattell@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.