About the team
The Financial Frameworks Team within the Financial Services Branch is responsible for providing expert advice on the financial framework, including Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (PGPA) Act and Rules, Accountable Authority Instructions and Departmental Delegations, procurement and grants reporting. This includes the establishment and maintenance of an adequate assurance framework and continuous business improvement functions.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for people with the following attributes:
- A sound understanding of the policies of the Australian Government, including the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act, in particular the Commonwealth Procurement Rules and procurement connected policies.
- Provides support managing a high performing team, including supervision of staff.
- Experience providing accurate, timely and consistent advice and services to stakeholders.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed skills in communication, analysis and problem solving.
- Successfully competing priorities and changing timeframes.
What you will do
These roles are responsible for assisting management for the provision of professional, accurate and strategic procurement and financial policy advice to the department in accordance with the Corporate Services Network Charter and Service Offers.
- providing strategic procurement and financial policy advice to departmental officials
- assisting in the management of the team, including supervision of staff
- assisting in the management of procurement activities and grants reporting
- assisting with preparation of related briefing material for the senior executive cohort
- providing key input into Whole of Government policy development and implementation, and
- managing and applying changes to the Financial Framework.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill several current ongoing Executive Level 1 positions. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Kiley Hamad, Manager Financial Frameworks via email@example.com or on (02) 6213 6057.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.