About the team
The Planning and Governance section within the Corporate Division is responsible for a range of corporate governance functions including strategic business planning and performance reporting, development of the corporate plan and annual report, departmental risk oversight and management, and the operation of the corporate governance arrangements for the Department.
The section has recently undertaken a review of the department’s governance arrangements and is looking for a new team member to support the implementation of review outcomes and provide governance committee support.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a team player with an excellent client service approach and the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships across the department.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate strategic objectives
- excellent stakeholder management skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with people at senior levels
- excellent organisational skills combined with the ability to prioritise, manage multiple competing priorities, exercise sound judgement and meet deadlines.
Experience in delivery of high-level corporate governance activities would be ideal.
What you will do
Key activities will include:
- anticipating committee and stakeholder requirements and ensuring that the strategic objectives of committees are met
- liaising with the committee chairs to prepare meeting agendas and establish forward work plans
- preparation of reports and strategic insights for corporate committees and the Executive
- committee secretariat and support including the preparation and circulation of committee papers, meeting minutes, and monitoring and reporting of the status of committees’ decisions and action items
- supporting the establishment and maintenance of committees including membership appointment and management, Terms of Reference development and review, committee scheduling, and executive committee reporting (which may include the development and implementation of new reporting templates and/or systems implementation).
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing or non-ongoing APS Level 6 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 6 vacancies should they become available within 12 months form the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Nina Mckeon on (02) 6102 8903 or Nina.McKeon@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.