Manager, Information Management, Executive level 2, Digital Strategy and Operations
Job no: 503190
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: Executive Level 2
About the team
The Information Management team is a large multidisciplinary team located in Canberra and Sydney that delivers the department’s information management function. This includes developing departmental policy and providing advice to the Executive and teams across the department on digital systems, records management and collaboration solutions. The team is part of the Departmental Systems Branch within the Digital Strategy and Operations Division and therefore an understanding of how ICT systems are maintained and supported would be advantageous.
Our ideal candidate
- Is highly motivated and organised, with excellent time management skills.
- Exercises sound judgement to make decisions and produce high-level advice.
- Manages competing priorities to provide consistently high levels of support.
- Has strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
- Has the interpersonal skills to build and sustain positive working relationships.
- Is able to work independently, as well as part of a team, to achieve results in a dynamic work environment.
What you will do
You will bring your leadership and stakeholder management skills to:
- deliver the department’s digital transformation agenda as part of the whole of government Digital Continuity 2020 policy and beyond
- develop and manage the departmental information management policies and guidance in consultation with key partners in legal, security and DSO
- deliver effective information management governance by managing the role and deliverables of Chief Information Governance Officer
- engage with the National Archives of Australia and the Australian Government Information Management community
- manage the department’s information management systems – DocHub and Content Manager 9 as business owner
- deliver support and training for the department in the use of these systems
- manage legacy physical files and associated processes such as disposals, warehousing and transfers
- manage the department’s mail and library services
- manage a range of service contracts.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a current ongoing Executive Level 2 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 2 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Nathan Hannigan, via Nathan.Hannigan@industry.gov.au or on (02) 6276 1466.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend