Budget Officer, APS Level 6, Finance Group
Job no: 503327
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: Finance, APS Level 6
About the team
The Budget Policy Team is the central point of contact within the portfolio for budget matters. The team works with other areas of the department, portfolio agencies and the central agencies to develop the portfolio’s budget and produce the portfolio’s budget documentation. The team also works closely with divisions and portfolio agencies on budget policy and financial issues, and coordinates a range of external budget related requests. The successful candidate will work closely with the Portfolio Liaison Officer within the team, to support the portfolio agencies on proposals and costings, and a range of budget and financial issues.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- terrific organisation and coordination skills
- strong ability to build relationships to support a collaborative approach and get things done
- positive approach to resolving issues
- ability to work under time pressure and in a dynamic environment
- understanding of government budget and financial processes
- strong ability to analyse agencies’ estimates, costings and other data, identify issues and support the portfolio liaison officer to provide strategic advice to executives.
What you will do
- provide advice to agencies on the Budget process and implementation of budget measures
- support Budget processes, including the development of the portfolio budget submission and new policy proposals, and coordination of portfolio responses to whole-of-government budget related initiatives
- assist in producing Budget documentation
- analyse agencies’ estimates, costings and other data
- with the portfolio liaison officer, support portfolio agencies to work through financial and budget issues, including with the central agencies
- support the portfolio liaison officer to provide strategic advice to executives
- assist with responses to the Parliamentary Budget Office
- other duties as required.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This Recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing APS level 6 vacancy. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Clara Todd via firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6213 7238.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend