About the team
The Queensland State Office of AusIndustry forms part of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and acts as a first point of contact for customers interested in support through AusIndustry programs and services along with providing business intelligence for the department and maintaining a network of key stakeholders. The Office also supports Senior Executives and Ministers’ with Ministerial reporting, logistical support and intelligence regarding activities taking place within the State.
The Queensland State Office also delivers government programs on behalf of the department and other government entities. The delivery of these programs is undertaken as part of the Business Grants Hub and the roles will be located within this team.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidates will preferably have had previous grants management experience, including program delivery, grant assessment and contract management. They will have strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills. The ability to manage and supervise staff. They will be able to work independently and effectively as part of a team. They will be able to demonstrate strong IT and system skills, and work well under pressure, to tight deadlines, and achieve results in a high volume environment.
The Office is seeking suitable applicants that have:
- stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- high-level communication ability with excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- demonstrated capacity to coordinate responses and manage competing/shifting deadlines and requirements
- the ability to manage small teams
- the ability to work in a team under limited supervision as well as being able to deliver under pressure
- demonstrated analytical and high level IT skills
- the ability to manage competing priorities in a high volume fast paced environment
- experience in government grant program design, delivery and/or management
What you will do
Project Officers assist in the development, delivery and management of public-facing government programs, in cooperation with multiple groups of internal and external stakeholders.
Specific duties may include:
- Program delivery, including assessing eligibility and/or merit of applications for program support, in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines, and justifying recommendations with appropriate evidence
- Writing all forms of written reports and briefs regarding businesses and industry development
- Engaging with different teams across the wider department and external partners as well
- Negotiating and managing contracts with businesses and other organisations
Successful applicants will:
- Manage and supervise staff
- Communicate and manage a variety of stakeholders including; business, industry groups, government departments, Minister’s offices, and non-government organisations.
- Work within multiple programs undertaking quality assurance, grants compliance and assessment work.
- Maintain, develop and effectively use grants management, data management, reporting and customer relationship management tools.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill current ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 6 positions. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
A current driver’s licence is preferable, but not essential.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words).
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Dillon on (07) 3227 4710 or Jennifer.Dillon@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.