About the team
As the National Centre for Science and Technology Engagement, Questacon’s vision is for a better future for all Australians through engagement with science, technology and innovation. The Strategic Engagement and Advancement (SEA) team supports Questacon in achieving this vision through providing internal guidance and support to strategically progress and grow Questacon. The SEA team uses strategic positioning, partnership development, executive support, governance and international engagement to ensure a strategic approach is used to position Questacon for success.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for an innovative and motivated individual with strong coordination and communication skills who can engage, inform and guide colleagues in enhancing our business processes.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience in business planning, governance and coordination.
- well-developed negotiation skills and ability to communicate with influence, including highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- experience in establishing, cultivating and maintaining productive working relationships.
- proven capacity to deliver outcomes, individually, and as a team member.
- demonstrated skills that display initiative, flexibility and resilience in a changing environment with competing priorities.
What you will do
The Business Planning and Reporting Officer reports directly to the Senior Manager, Strategic Engagement and Advancement and is responsible for:
- Business Plan implementation (assisting in the development of branch and section plans)
- Quarterly reporting
- Delivery of the Annual Review
- Secretariat to the Program Implementation Committee
- Internal communications
- Support in the development of our Capability Plan
- Divisional coordination.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
- tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Lauren Ambrose at Lauren.Ambrose@questacon.edu.au or call 02 6270 2812.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.