Property Manager, Executive Level 2, Finance Group
Job no: 504480
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: Executive Level 2
About the team
The property team supports the department’s goal of providing its staff with a safe and productive physical work environment. It also contributes to the departments resilience to emergencies and interruptions to business.
The team is responsible for maintenance and leases for more than 60 properties across Australia and numerous minor construction projects. It is also responsible for leading significant improvements to the department's emergency management processes and its framework for business continuity.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An understanding of the Commonwealth's Property Management Framework
- An understanding of leasing, design, construction and management of modern workplaces
- Experience in capital budget management
- Experience in business continuity and emergency management
- Strong staff management and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in customer service delivery
What you will do
The Property Manager will:
- Manage the operations and resources of the Property Team
- Oversee the leasing, projects and facilities management functions, in both their strategic and operational phases
- Ensure the team's services are delivered in accordance with defined service levels
- Initiate and deliver property related business process improvements
- Oversee and maintain the department's emergency management framework
- Maintain and implement the department's business continuity framework
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing Executive Level 2 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 2 vacancies should they become available within 12 months form the date advertised.
How to apply
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Michael Olive via Michael.Olive@industry.gov.au, or on 6243 7258.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend