About the team
The Financial Services and Travel Section, within the Financial Services Branch is seeking experienced senior finance and finance officers to join the team.
The Section is a large team who provide centralised financial services to support the Department through delivering professional, reliable and consistent support services. These roles may encompass several of the following responsibilities procurement processing, accounts payable, credit card administration (acquittals and reconciliations), accounts receivable (banking/receipting), debt management, and travel and fleet management.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidates will preferably have previous experience working in a similar role or role(s). They will have strong customer service, and written and verbal communication skills. The ability to manage and supervise staff, work independently and effectively as part of a team. They will be able to demonstrate strong skills in using financial management and expense management systems, and work well under pressure, to tight deadlines, and achieve results.
What you will do
The successful candidates will:
- work within teams and undertake a diverse range of finance related tasks, quality assurance and control reviews and end of month finance activities
- foster strong relationships with business areas and provide sound advice and support to internal and external stakeholders
- have well-developed time management, organisational skills and attention to detail
- have strong research and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, reach evidence based conclusions and an ability to achieve results
- be flexible and able to deal with competing priorities while maintaining quality outputs
- have previous experience in using financial management information and expense management systems, including Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill several ongoing APS Level 5 and APS Level 6 positions. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies at these levels should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Jenny Williams, via email email@example.com or phone on 6213 6550.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.