About the team
The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) is a Council of Australian Government (COAG) standards writing body that is responsible for developing the National Construction Code (NCC), comprising the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and the Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA). As part of its core business, the ABCB provides the NCC for free online, along with supporting materials such as handbooks, case studies and videos to facilitate a well understood and utilised code.
The role of IT Senior Manager - Digital Transformation Team focuses on providing the administration of the ABCB’s IT infrastructure, as well as the ongoing evolutionary requirements of the National Construction Code (NCC).
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have the skill set outlined below:
- Program and project management experience (including Prince2 and Agile/Scrum).
- Experience designing and implementing TOGAF framework.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Good working knowledge of stakeholder management
- Experience managing staff
What you will do
The successful candidate will:
- ensure that ABCB's IT Architecture continues to evolve where necessary to reflect best practices such as the ISM and PSPF, with a focus on efficiency, consolidation, security, redundancy and reliability, and managing those evolutions in collaboration with business owners and technical partners
- ensure that ABCB Architecture remains operational within service levels whilst being proactive in addressing potential performance and security threats
- in line with the ISM and PSPF-INFOSEC policies, continue to develop and deliver repeatable visibility on ABCB Architecture in collaboration with business owners and technical partners in order to satisfy reporting requirements
- ensure adequate risk management and IT governance policies and procedures are in place, and are maintained and reviewed regularly
- provide administration support specific to the production of the National Construction Code. This is inclusive of administration and support of the Quark Publishing Platform, as well as ancillary systems directly connected to production of the NCC
- provide support for ABCB users in accessing and using ABCB Services and ABCB IT Equipment
- lead the diversification of skills and knowledge across the team.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicant must be an Australian Citizen.
This position requires a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Richard Czeiger on 02 6243 7277.
This recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing Executive Level 1 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months form the date advertised.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability. If you require some assistance with your application, or need this in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 or refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.