General Managers, SES Band 1, Multiple Opportunities
Job no: 505873
Employment type: Ongoing
Categories: SES Band 1
We are looking for talented leaders to join our team at the Senior Executive Service (SES) Band 1 classification.
General Managers lead the work of a branch, play a key role in building our organisational capability and influencing the department’s strategic agenda.
We are establishing a merit pool to fill vacancies across the department as they arise. The following positions are expected to be filled through this process:
- General Manager, Resources and Energy Insights Branch, Analysis and Insights Division
- General Manager, Evaluation and Research Branch, Analysis and Insights Division
- General Manager, Emissions Reduction, Climate Change Division
- General Manager, Electricity, Energy Division
- General Manager, Sectoral and Place Based Policy, Industry Growth Division
- General Manager, International Climate, International Climate Change and Energy Innovation Division
- General Manager, Strategy and Operations, National Measurement Institute
- General Manager, Resources Strategy, Resources Division
- General Manager, National Security Engagement, Strategic Policy Division
- General Manager, Property and Protective Security, Corporate and Digital Division
Our ideal candidates have highly developed representational and negotiation skills and are strong people managers. You should have experience in public policy, program development and implementation, or you may have an extensive track record of experience in state government, industry or other relevant sectors. You must be:
- able to harness information from a variety of sources and have well developed analytical skills, and
- highly motivated and have an agile approach that enables you to anticipate opportunities and encourage creativity and innovative ideas.
You are experienced working in diverse teams and are willing to work on building your own competency in understanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and how it impacts on the work of the department. You are also willing to build your disability confidence as you will be responsible for the implementation of practices that provide a safe and accessible working environment for all employees.
You should be able to think creatively, communicate clearly and be able to build strong and trusting relationships with our Ministers and advisors, federal and state government agencies and other key external and internal stakeholders.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with disability are encouraged to apply because your personal experiences and perspectives strengthens our service delivery, productivity, capability and innovation.
For further information, please refer to the candidate information pack:
The department has engaged Omera Partners to manage the recruitment process. To arrange a confidential discussion about these opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply, please submit your application online (click 'apply now') and include
- your CV including the contact details of two referees, and
- a ‘one page pitch’ (750 word maximum) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications makes you the best person for the job.
Applications close Sunday 26 July 2020 (11.55pm AEST).
You must be an Australian citizen (or have permanent residency status pending the granting of Australian citizenship) and be able to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 security clearance.
If you wish to be considered for the position of General Manager, National Security Engagement you must be able to obtain and maintain a Positive Vetting security clearance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend