About the team
As an independent Commission housed within the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, the Anti-Dumping Commission (the Commission) is a values led organisation responsible for administering Australia’s anti-dumping and countervailing system.
The Commission undertakes complex investigations into allegations of dumping and subsidisation made by Australian Industry against overseas exporters and governments. These investigations require the Commission to work closely with Australian manufacturers and importers, as well as foreign exporters and governments.
We are seeking to build our capacity and capability to continue in our delivery of robust, timely and evidenced-based decisions that form the basis of the Commissioner’s findings and recommendations to the Minister.
Our ideal candidate
We offer the exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team who are passionate and committed to their work. This role requires you to:
- Operate in a dynamic environment with an enquiring mind that enjoys complex data analysis
- Adhere to tight legislative timeframes
- Express complex concepts in a straightforward and compelling manner
- Model collaborative and respectful behaviour to contribute to quality outcomes
- Display self-awareness and an openness to internal and external review of work
- Maintain strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Be adaptable and open to continuous learning and development.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have:
- Research and analytical skills with an aptitude for numerical and financial data
- The ability to assess evidence and apply facts within a legal and policy framework
- High standards of professional and personal integrity in line with APS Values and APS Code of Conduct and relevant departmental policies
- Sound communication skills and ability to contribute to the preparation of complex reports
- The ability to quickly acquire and apply an understanding of related legislative and policy frameworks
- The ability to form sound working relationships with a variety of stakeholder groups
- The ability to base judgement on research, problem solving, and evidence-based practice.
What you will do
In this position you will be responsible, to varying degrees for:
- Contributing to investigations and associated operational activities under broad direction
- Undertaking analysis of trade data, market behaviours and business information
- Applying advanced quantitative techniques to collect, manipulate and analyse data
- Contributing to the preparation of written reports and briefs, correspondence and advice
- Preparation of detailed research and complex financial and economic analysis
- Supporting the verification of financial data from domestic and international companies
- Dealing with highly confidential trade, business and industry information
Please note: A key aspect of your role will be to liaise with stakeholders to source and examine financial data and apply your expertise in complex data analysis utilising Excel and applying facts to a legal framework.
Successful candidates will have either:
- A Tertiary qualification (preferred), or
- Relevant experience and/or study in the fields that include but are not limited to law, accounting, economics, commerce, business, international trade, regulatory compliance, auditing or commercial investigations (advantageous).
Domestic and international travel may be required in this role.
The Team is located in Melbourne however opportunities to work from our Canberra based office may be considered for the suitable candidate.
This job is being used to fill immediate APS Level 5 vacancies. A merit pool may be established and used to fill future ongoing vacancies.
Prior to applying, you are encouraged to complete the Job suitability questionnaire APS5.pdf to determine your suitability for this position.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. In no more than 750 words, provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. You should try and align your application to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Vithleem Avramidis on 03 8539 2405 or email email@example.com
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at Diversity@industry.gov.au for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.