About the team
The R&D Tax Incentive (R&DTI) is the government’s flagship innovation program that provides tax offsets for expenditure on eligible R&D activities. The Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources (DISER) jointly manages the R&D Tax Incentive with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). The department manages the registration of R&D activities, and the ATO manages the rules on eligible entities and costs.
DISER engages in both internal and external communications activities for staff and stakeholders of the R&DTI. To assist with these activities, the department is seeking to engage an ongoing APS 6 member to work on communications and stakeholder engagement material for the R&D Tax Incentive. The Department engages in a flexible work policy, and the position can be located in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane.
The team sits within the Quality Assurance and Engagement Section of the R&DTI Branch and is responsible for the implementation and delivery of the R&DTI Long Term Communications Strategy and annual Implementation Plan. This is achieved through a variety of regular communications materials, including updated website content, podcasts, animations and newsletters; and educating participants through events/engagements such as information sessions, roundtables and webinars.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work under limited supervision in a small team environment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to independently deliver quality outcomes while managing competing priorities.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating communications products. This may include on-line content design and launch, social media posts, podcast scripting, PowerPoint presentations, webinars, website updates/redesign, case study research and writing or other products.
- Experience in event management, including the development of agenda’s, talking points and minute taking. The ability to book and host events using on-line platforms such as WebEx or similar.
- The ability to be flexible, agile, and respond constructively to tight deadlines, change and uncertainty.
- Experience providing communication material or reporting on technical or legislative content.
- Engaging written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write succinctly with user-friendly language and expression.
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Graphic design
- Web publishing and site development
- Online audience insights and data analytics
- Experience with using MailChimp, Indesign (or similar), Microsoft Project
- Issues management and media liaison
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, graphic design, marketing, journalism or a related field or equivalent profession would be highly regarded.
What you will do
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Collation and development of benchmarking data on communications activities and products
- Review and redesign of the R&DTI webpages located on business.gov.au
- The development of a Master Presentation slide deck for use in information sessions, webinars and sponsorship opportunities. This includes the coordination of workshops and collation of feedback across stakeholders
- Review and updating of all collateral with AusIndustry branding
- Joint delivery of communications products with the ATO
- Review of podcast scripts for the R&DTI Insights Podcast series and coordination of their recording and launch
- Co-ordination of key stakeholder engagement forums such as the R&DTI Roundtable and State Reference Groups
- Writing and publishing the regular R&DTI e-Bulletin
- Writing content and sourcing graphics for social media posts
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior team members
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. In no more than 750 words, provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. You should try and align your application to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Kaylene Flanagan via Kaylene.Flanagan@industry.gov.au or on 07 3046 4803.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at Diversity@industry.gov.au for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.