About the team
The Legal, Audit and Assurance Branch (LAAB) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the Practice Management Unit (PMU).
The LAAB delivers legal, audit and assurance services to all areas of the Department and our Ministers. The PMU supports this large branch of professionals by coordinating and assisting with procurement exercises, invoicing requirements, data entry, filing, and general administrative duties.
This is a critical role contributing to a small team. The role requires energy, foresight, collaboration, a proactive attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate for this role has recent experience in:
- administrative, procurement and/or finance business support roles, preferably in a legal practice management environment
- strong organisational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and good communication skills
- ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, resolve issues and deliver high-quality work.
- intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Skills and experience with Sharepoint 2010 based systems
- experience with TechnologyOne or a similar financial management system or the ability to quickly acquire familiarity with TechnologyOne.
No formal qualifications are required for this role, a Diploma or Certificate in Business or Financial Administration is highly desirable.
What you will do
The primary duties of the role will include some or all of the following:
- Support internal procurement processes through the Whole of Australian Government (WoAG) Legal Services Panel, including drafting and sending Requests for Quotes, liaising with the internal and external stakeholders, contract management and data entry
- Process invoices, including payment processing in TechOne, record-keeping in the legal matter management system LEX, and liaising with external law firms
- Assist with internal budgeting and reporting, including preparing monthly accruals, invoicing and liaising with the department’s internal finance branch
- Manage LAAB mailboxes and ensure all requests/emails are dealt with in a timely manner
- Undertake general administrative tasks as required, including involvement in corporate projects .
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. In no more than 750 words, provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. You should try and align your application to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Clare McMahon, Legal Operations Manager on 6276 1318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at Diversity@industry.gov.au for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.