About the team
The Digital Experience and Engagement team is responsible for the department’s external corporate digital channels including:
Through user-centred content strategy, web development and design, our multi-disciplinary team supports the department to communicate and deliver its strategic priorities, products and services.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate:
- is organised – you’re well versed in working across multiple projects and proactively planning and prioritising your team’s work. You’re confident in triaging and querying incoming requests to ensure your team members are well equipped to deliver. You use various methods to track and communicate activities to your team.
- gets excited about business continuity and process improvement – you’re a great problem solver – you like figuring out the best way to achieve efficient and effective work practices.
- enjoys working in a fast paced environment – you can manage multiple priorities and can pivot between them with ease. You can handle high pressure situations and working with team members and stakeholders on time sensitive tasks.
- is a great communicator – you can talk to people with ease and you excel at finding out what the problem is they are trying to solve. You’re comfortable negotiating and outlining expectations. You’re persuasive and great at keeping people on task. You collaborate with team members to ensure the team is running effectively and efficiently.
- is digitally savvy – you enjoy learning new digital software and tools. You are comfortable navigating systems, running reports and performing trouble shooting.
What you will do
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Triaging, organising, assigning and actioning requests that come in to our busy multidisciplinary team.
- Providing project management support to help the team make iterative improvements to website products and services.
- Assisting in administrative activities associated with managing external online platforms and tools.
- Building relationships with key contacts inside and outside the department.
- Publishing content to the department's online platforms and channels in line with Australian Government website guidelines and standards (training provided).
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
Prior experience in web publishing is highly desirable.
This job is being used to fill an immediate APS Level 6 vacancy. A merit pool may be established and used to fill future vacancies.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 5000 characters (approximately 750 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Cassandra Hawkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6102 9347.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at Diversity@industry.gov.au for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.