About the team
The ICT & Corporate Network Support Team is broken down into two sub teams. This role sits within the Corporate Network Support Services (CNSS) sub team which is the department's one-stop help centre for assisting customers with corporate related requests.
We aim to provide timely, consistent and high quality corporate services advice and assistance to departmental staff and external clients. CNSS hours of operation 8.00am to 5.30pm.
The Support Centre provides Level 1 service in the following areas:
- Corporate Systems (TechOne)
- Human Resources including Aurion
- Financial Services
- Parliamentary Services and PDMS
- Information Management
The team answer calls coming into the DISER Switchboard and provides support for various human resource and finance services to other agencies under the Shared and Common Services Program.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking friendly, confident, reliable and motivated individuals to join our high performing team.
Our ideal candidate has previous experience in a customer service environment and is able to apply their customer service principles and practices to everyday troubleshooting scenarios. Our ideal candidate will;
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn new things
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with well-developed data entry and typing skills
- Be comfortable talking to customers on the phone
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills, including and active listening skills
- Have highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities and risks
- Be able to successfully multi task and work in a high pace environment
- Have a demonstrated willingness to learn and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Be able to demonstrate sound judgement and problem solving skills
- Have enthusiasm for being a part of a high performance, multi-functional team with the ability to adapt to change.
Previous experience in a call centre/ Service desk environment is desirable, but not essential.
What you will do
As a Customer Service Officer within Corporate Network Support Services you will;
- Understand, respond to and resolve customer enquiries within Service Level Agreements (SLA) timeframes
- Answer calls and triage enquiries according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Manage allocated Corporate queue
- Research any required information using available resources
- Promote the use of online channels and client self-service
- Identify and escalate complex enquiries when necessary
- Support a team culture of continuous improvement and in line with business objectives
- Undertake quality assurance activities to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of information and procedures including content in the knowledge base
- Actively participate in team meetings and team bonding activities
- Participate in one on one coaching sessions with the CNSS Team Leads
- Be the first point of contact in the Service Hub, which is a face to face support service (this role is on a roster).
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
The Corporate Network Support Service provides services between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm and it is an expectation that all staff participate in a rotating roster to provide coverage.
- Shift 1 - work hours are 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Shift 2 - work hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm
- Shift 3 - work hours are 9.00am - 5.30pm
This recruitment process is being used to fill two ongoing APS Level 4 positions. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
Non-ongoing opportunities may be offered for an initial period of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension (maximum 3 years).
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 5000 characters (approximately 750 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Joanne Lansdowne via email at email@example.com, or on (02) 6243 7006.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at Diversity@industry.gov.au for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.