About the team
The Visual Analytics team works with researchers, analysts and data specialists to ensure their work is visually powerful, accessible and authoritative.
The Team ensure the work of the Analysis and Insights Division is compelling and visually appealing, including playing an integral role in high profile publications such as the Resources and Energy Quarterly.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in design field or 3+ year's work experience
- Proven ability to translate complex information into a visually accessible form
- Expertise in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop (essential)
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Design experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience with web technologies: HTML, CSS and JS (advantageous)
- Understanding of the printing and digital publication process and specifications (advantageous)
- Experience with social media management (advantageous).
What you will do
As a Visual Analytics designer you will work alongside other analysts to produce;
- data visualisations
- social media material
- publications and
- other products as required.
These outputs play an important role in delivering robust and high quality economic advice that informs policy across industry, innovation, science and resources.
Bachelor's degree in design field or 3+ year's work experience.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This job is being used to fill an immediate APS6 vacancy. A merit pool may be established and used to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Please provide:
- a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch should align to the job description. (no more than 5000 characters, approximately 750 words)
- your current CV with your application. (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
- a portfolio of your design work (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact James Hutson via email email@example.com or on (02) 61029642.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.