About the team
The Shared Services Hub provides Payroll services for 11 client agencies and the Department, including the Payroll Service Delivery team.
The Payroll Service Delivery team delivers a high quality service to our client agencies through provision of payroll and entitlement delivery activities.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for dynamic and motivated leaders to take an integral role providing high quality Payroll services to our client agencies and their employees.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in leading Payroll teams to achieve great outcomes in a service delivery role. Our ideal candidate;
- Has excellent communication and client service skills
- Has a high attention to detail and a focus on delivery in a fast paced environment.
- Can demonstrate their ability to contribute to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Has knowledge of and/or experience in Payroll activities in the public sector.
What you will do
As a Payroll Officer (APS Level 4) in the Payroll Service Delivery team, you will;
- As part of a team, process pay and entitlement transactions to ensure the delivery of fortnightly pay for our client agencies
- Continually develop your own technical payroll skills
- Provide a high quality customer service
- Undertake payroll processing and record management activities
- Contribute to team planning and undertake continuous improvement activities to assist the team in delivery of a high quality service.
As a Senior Payroll Officer (APS Level 5), in addition you will;
- Support implementation of changes to processes due to changes in policy, legislation and EA’s
- Actively support team members in developing their technical payroll delivery skills
- Identify the risks and issues to delivery and contribute to the remediation.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This process is being used to fill immediate vacancies and a merit pool may be established and used to fill future ongoing vacancies.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 5000 characters (approximately 750 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Chris Lucas via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 6276 1766.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at email@example.com for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.