Finance Business Partner, APS Level 6, Chief Finance Officer Group
Job no: 508667
Employment type: Non-Ongoing - Specified Term, Ongoing
Location: Canberra, Sydney, Townsville, Melbourne
Categories: Finance, APS Level 6
About the Division
The Chief Finance Officer’s Division is made up of five branches. They are:
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Budgets
- Financial Services and Procurement
- Business Grants Hub
- Shared Services and Shared Services Business Case.
Finance Business Partner teams sit within the Financial Management Branch.
The Branch provides a range of financial and operational services that enable the department to deliver its strategic objectives in a professional and cost effective manner.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate is:
- Highly motivated, and a good team player who will supervise and support team members to meet agreed goals.
- A good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- A person who pays attention to detail and can think critically to resolve issues.
- Confident in using complex Financial Management Information systems.
- Capable of contributing to continuous business improvement.
- Able to demonstrate management accounting experience in a government or commercial environment.
- Proficient with MS Office suite, including Excel and Word.
A Diploma or Bachelor Degree in commerce, accounting, finance, business or a related field will be highly regarded, as would progress towards a relevant qualification.
What you will do
Finance Business Partners are responsible for the delivery of financial services to one or more divisions within the department. Depending on the area to be supported, the role may include a mix of the duties detailed below.
- Delivering accurate and timely month end reporting in accordance with month end reporting timetables, including the analysis of business risks and other analysis/commentary that is fit for purpose and suited to the audience.
- Providing assistance to client divisions in the development of budgets and forecasts to ensure they reflect business plans.
- Undertaking month end processes including commitment reporting, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Asset management and debt management activities.
- Contributing to process improvement activities to enable consistencies and efficiencies to be achieved across the spectrum of corporate services provided to divisions.
- Providing advice and support to clients on a range of financial matters, including compliance.
- Delivery of other financial services as directed.
You must be an Australian Citizen (or have permanent residence status pending the imminent granting of Australian citizenship) to work in the APS and for the Department.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This process is being used to fill multiple vacancies within the Team. A merit pool may be established and used to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies for 12 months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Gazette.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your online application through careers.industry.gov.au and include:
- A one page application (maximum 3000 characters – approx. 500 words) explaining and demonstrating how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job.
- Your resume, including the contact details of two referees. It is preferable that you provide the contact details of your most recent manager or supervisor, if it is appropriate to your circumstances. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
Please note: Your application pitch, resume and any other documents that you provide in support of your application must not contain classified or sensitive information. Applications containing classified information will not be considered by the selection panel.
For more information regarding these opportunities, please contact Marion Palmer at Marion.Palmer@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at email@example.com for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend