About the team
The Chief Information Officer Group (CIO Group) is an exciting, fast-paced team that drives the digital agenda for the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources. The CIO Group leads the department’s digital agenda by partnering with our stakeholders to co-design digital experiences, making it simpler to innovate, collaborate, communicate, and continue to evolve digital services using leading‑edge technology and smart design.
The ICT Operations Branch provides high quality ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the department, ensuring all staff in the department have access to stable and secure technology.
The Desktop Support team sits within ICT Operations and are responsible for delivering high level customer service and technical specialist support on a variety of technology and services to all staff across the department.
Our ideal candidate
APS Level 5 Desktop Officers are responsible for delivering high level customer service and technical specialist support on a variety of technology and services to all staff. This includes working closely with multiple teams across the ICT Operations Branch.
They will act as the onsite face of ICT as well as being an active part of the desktop support team. This role will attending and providing input at a range of meetings including team, branch, divisional and departmental levels.
We are looking for an experienced ICT Desktop Support officer who:
- Has a customer-focused approach to work and genuinely enjoys helping people with technology.
- Works independently and with little supervision, and thinks and acts quickly in high pressure situations with a high level of discretion.
- Has strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology.
- Works well in a team with strong communication skills, and contributes to making a harmonious work environment.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organisation.
What you will do
In this role, you will;
- Provide high level ICT technical advice and support to users for workstations, laptops, mobile devices, software, peripheral hardware, system administration, video conferencing and networking via phone, email, instant messaging, service requests, and general face to face onsite support.
- Monitor team service request queue, actively managing multiple tasks and actioning jobs within agreed SLA.
- iOS Mobile Device Management (MDM) configuration, administration, and training as required.
- Assist with priority tasks and overdue items, coordinating resolutions to complete tasks.
- Provide assistance if required with the support of SES on site with priority service levels.
- Provide assistance where required for ICT Networks and Server Operations teams as required.
- Find solutions to ICT problems faced by users and the business including supporting users through ICT change activities and digital innovation.
- Prepare and update knowledge guides for users and Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) documentation for ICT administrators.
- Be an active participant in team meetings, providing feedback, problem detection, solutions, escalation, seek advice and assistance if needed.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This process is being used to fill immediate APS Level 5 vacancy. A merit pool may be established and used to fill future vacancies for 12 months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Gazette.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide a one page pitch (maximum 5000 characters, approx. 750 words) explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Brad D'Arnay via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0466 829 454.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion and Capability team at email@example.com for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application. Alternatively please refer to our Applying for a position information.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.