About the Division
The Chief Finance Officer’s Division is made up of five branches. They are:
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Budgets
- Financial Services and Procurement
- Business Grants Hub
- Shared Services and Shared Services Business Case.
This role sits within the Systems and Robotics team as part of the Financial Services and Procurement Branch.
The team provides Levels 1 – 3 technical support through a Helpdesk to users of TechnologyOne and Expense8. The team maintains 1700 + user accounts, and processes a range of master data maintenance tasks that include interface with Robotic Process and Kofax automations.
The team contributes to a range of TechnologyOne and Expense8 development projects, and troubleshoots complex issues with end users in a supportive, client focussed manner.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated APS5 with the following demonstrated skills and abilities:
- Experience in use of the TechnologyOne FMIS application
- An understanding of the Commonwealth Financial Framework, including Accountable Authority Instructions, financial delegations, and financial policies
- A strong communication skillset, with the ability to provide accurate and timely information and advice (via email, phone, helpdesk management software, and in person)
- Well-developed time management, and the ability to meet deadlines
- An inquisitive, collaborative and analytical approach to trouble shooting and problem solving
- The desire to identify and contribute to continuous business improvement.
What you will do
Working as part of small team, you will contribute to the responsibilities and output of the TechnologyOne Technical Helpdesk. This includes:
- Providing Level 2 support to users by triaging and prioritising requests, troubleshooting and resolving requests within defined Service Level Agreements
- Providing assistance to the Corporate Network Support Centre with their provision of Level 1 requests
- Working closely with colleagues and the Level 3 Support Team, troubleshoot more complex issues together whilst ensuring the sharing of information
- Updating user content and support materials to reflect current processes
- Resolving user requests for assistance in a timely and professional manner that demonstrates a genuine customer focus.
You must be an Australian Citizen (or have permanent residence status pending the imminent granting of Australian citizenship), and be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
This process is being used to fill an immediate ongoing vacancy within the team. A merit pool may be established and used to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies for 12 months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Gazette.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your online application through careers.industry.gov.au and include:
- A one page application (maximum 3000 characters, approx. 500 words) explaining and demonstrating how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job.
- Your resume, including the contact details of two referees. It is preferable that you provide the contact details of your most recent manager or supervisor, if it is appropriate to your circumstances. (Resumes must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Please note: Your application pitch, resume and any other documents that you provide in support of your application must not contain classified or sensitive information. Applications containing classified information will not be considered by the selection panel.
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact John O’Brien at email@example.com
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include full time/part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.