About the team
The Divisional Support Unit is the central contact point for coordination requests, ministerial correspondence standard words, talking points, PDMS allocation and Senate Estimates briefs for the Climate Change Division and the International Climate Change and Technology Division.
It is small team headed by an Executive Level 1 and the Unit Leader reports directly to the General Manager, Climate Change Policy Branch.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in administrative or executive support roles
- Experience in or the demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage people
- Highly developed skills in stakeholder management, strong communication and liaison skills, and
- The ability to deliver high quality and accurate results within short timeframes.
What you will do
As Unit Leader – Divisional Support Unit you will:
- Manage divisional administration including corporate documents such as the Business, Workforce and WHS plans, and Senate Estimates briefing packs for the two divisions
- Manage coordination of the Parliamentary Documentation Management System (PDMS) and clear items of ministerial correspondence on behalf of the General Manager
- Draft climate change standard words and talking points
- Manage the two climate change divisions’ Coordination Inbox and maintain relationships with the Ministers’ Offices, through the Departmental Liaison Officers
- Coordination of Australia’s National Communication and Biennial Reports to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 5000 characters (approximately 750 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Chris Johnston via email at email@example.com or on 0400 591 771.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include full time/part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.