About the team
The Chief Finance Officer’s Division is made up of five branches. They are:
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Budgets
- Financial Services and Procurement
- Business Grants Hub
- Shared Services and Shared Services Business Case.
This role sits within the Systems and Robotics team as part of the Financial Services and Procurement Branch.
The team currently provides and supports a number automations in the Financial Services and Procurement and Shares Services branches across of number business applications including TechnologyOne, Expense8 and Aurion.
Our ideal candidate
The Robotics Team is looking an enthusiastic person to deliver process automations across the CFO division and wider Department.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong problem solving abilities
- Be a good communicator, with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- Be a self-starter who can adapt to new challenges and requirements
- Have excellent client service skills
- Has a high attention to detail and a focus on delivery
- Demonstrate their ability to contribute to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Have existing process automation expertise and experience using Blue Prism or similar RPA software.
What you will do
As the Process Developer and working as part of a small team, you will contribute to deliver process automations. This includes:
- Developing reliable automated solutions suitable for business & process owners
- Design processes and solutions in accordance with the standard delivery methodology
- Manages time and competing priorities to deliver automated solutions
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation.
- Supporting existing processes and implement improvements through change management
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of automated processes and providing timely responses.
- Provides support to the Automation Manager and Team in the delivery of process automations and wider team and section goals.
- Engage and network with broad set of stakeholders both internally and externally.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens (or have Australian citizenship status imminent).
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This process is being used to fill an immediate vacancy and a merit pool may be established and used to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies for 12 months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Gazette.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your online application through careers.industry.gov.au and include:
- A one page application (maximum 3000 characters, approx. 500 words) explaining and demonstrating how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job.
- Your resume, including the contact details of two referees. It is preferable that you provide the contact details of your most recent manager or supervisor, if it is appropriate to your circumstances. (Resumes must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Please note: Your application pitch, resume and any other documents that you provide in support of your application must not contain classified or sensitive information. Applications containing classified information will not be considered by the selection panel.
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Luke Sanders via Luke.Sanders@industry.gov.au or on (02) 62136755.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include full time/part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion team at email@example.com for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.