About the team
The Chief Finance Officer’s Division is made up of four branches. They are:
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Budgets
- Financial & Shared Services
- Business Grants Hub
This role sits within the Financial Management Branch within the Financial Reporting, Taxation and Treasury section. The Corporate Treasury team is responsible for providing high quality Treasury services to the Department, our portfolio entities and Business Grants Hub agencies.
Our ideal candidate
The successful applicant will have:
- demonstrated skills and experience in Corporate Treasury functions;
- high level of attention to detail;
- experience in managing competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- experience working in a team and contribute to develop team skill set;
- ability to participate in continuous improvement; and
- knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative frameworks.
What you will do
In this role, under general guidance from the Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- processing administered and departmental drawdowns;
- recording daily administered receipts in Central Budget Management System;
- processing portfolio agency drawdowns and fund transfers;
- processing and coordinating Business Grants Hub drawdowns and fund transfers;
- processing bank transfers and overseas payments;
- recording transactions in the Financial Management Information System;
- maintaining documents and procedures;
- participating in audits;
- contributing to business improvement; and
- supporting the team to ensure compliance with departmental policies and guidelines.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 5000 characters (approximately 750 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Please note, only short listed applicants will be contacted for further assessment.
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Tharanga Abeyasinghe, 02 6102 9574 or Tharanga.Abeyasinghe@industry.gov.au.
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include full time/part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the department.