About the Division
The Chief Finance Officer’s Division is made up of four branches. They are:
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Budgets
- Financial and Shared Services
- Business Grants Hub.
The Financial Systems and Robotics section sits within the Financial and Shared Services Branch. The section manages and uplifts financial management information systems and robotic process automations, identifying and implementing opportunities for enhancement and full system functionality.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate extensive experience in ERP and FMIS and associated controls. They will have the maturity and self-awareness required to lead a team successfully.
A keen eye for detail and a commitment to client service is important, as is the ability to collaborate and think strategically using a continuous improvement lens.
5 years or more experience as a TechnologyOne Systems Administrator within the federal government environment is a pre requisite for this role. Demonstrated experience with Expense8 and Kofax would be desirable.
What you will do
- Lead, manage, coach and develop the Finance System Development team resources which comprise APS staff, external contractors and consultants.
- Manage the life cycle of ERP & FMIS products including upgrades in accordance with vendor and ICT change management processes, and to meet contractual and compliance obligations.
- Provide technical expert advice and practical solutions to achieve both legislative compliance and stakeholder (internal and external) objectives and outcomes in relation to ERP & FMIS functions, including advice on current and future state system capabilities.
- Promote collaboration and cooperation within the CFO & CIO Groups, within the department, and with external stakeholders to enable the delivery of comprehensive and reliable advice and support.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting including activity progress reports for resource management, client engagements and ticket management.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement strategies covering the ongoing development and maintenance of ERP & FMIS systems’ documentation including user templates, relevant guidance materials, requirements gathering, business process mapping, product strategy templates, standard operating procedures, supporting tools and appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Evaluate, interpret and apply appropriate risk assessments for ERP & FMIS activities/advice to support the department’s governance, performance and risk framework.
- Liaise with central government agencies and represent the department in relevant forums as required, in a manner that is consistent with the APS values.
You must be an Australian Citizen (or have permanent residence status pending the imminent granting of Australian citizenship), and be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This process is being used to fill immediate an EL 1 vacancy within the Finance Systems Development team. A merit list may be created and used to fill similar vacancies for 18 months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Gazette.
The role will be based in Canberra.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV, including the contact details of two referees with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact email@example.com or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding these opportunities, please contact Deb Taber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include full time/part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion team at email@example.com for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.