About the department
The department plays a key role in the Australian Government’s agenda to create jobs and build a stronger, more resilient and competitive economy. Our work builds on Australia’s existing strengths, supports businesses to grow, and drives new opportunities for long-term productivity growth and prosperity. The success of the department helps Australia recover from the economic consequences of COVID‑19 and adapt to its ongoing effects. Through our work, we support the government’s economic recovery plan and help to deliver a better future for all Australians.
About the team
The Digital Services for Business Branch delivers whole of government digital services to support Australian businesses. Users are at the centre of everything we do; we work closely with our business partners and other agencies to improve the business experience through simpler and faster digital government services.
In the Grants Platform section our mission is to provide an end to end grants management system on behalf of the Australian Government. As one of our key functions, we provide level 2 and level 3 technical support for the Business Grants Management system (BGM) and Service Delivery Tool (SDT), including investigation and resolution of incidents and errors raised by users ranging from low-risk changes to complex investigations, and we contribute to the technical implementation of section priorities.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for a person with a problem-solving mindset, good analytical skills and an ability to work in a fast paced team, as well as the following:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Demonstrated strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to interact with stakeholders with multiple perspectives and differing technical skill.
- Demonstrated experience in creating or updating configuration in Microsoft Dynamics CRM would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience using service management tools including ServiceNow and Microsoft DevOps to manage work would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Delivery and management of grants and services would be an advantage, but not essential.
Our department has a commitment to inclusion and diversity, with an ambition of being the best possible place to work. This reflects the importance we place on our people and on creating a workplace culture where everyone values and respects their contribution. Our ideal candidate adds to this culture and our workplace in their own way.
What you will do
In this role, working under supervision and/or following defined processes, you will:
- Be responsible each day for system monitoring and incident triaging.
- While triaging, identify trends in incidents which may indicate a broader problem and bring these to the attention of the Team Leader.
- Resolve low risk incidents by referring to the team’s knowledgebase, providing timely and accurate advice to users.
- Assist senior teammates investigate, document and test resolutions for complex incidents or system bugs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Grants Support (Level 1) team and program areas, working with them to resolve low risk incidents as required.
- Participate in building the capability of others through knowledge sharing activities including coordinating the development of knowledgebase articles for Level 1 and Level 2.
- Maintain current knowledge of the system.
- Provide reporting, other coordination, short meeting facilitation and/or administrative support to the team and Section as required.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Positions require a Baseline security clearance and successful candidates will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment activity is being used initially to backfill a position on a non-ongoing basis, noting the length of the term may be extended. However, there may be future ongoing and non-ongoing positions, and as such, a merit pool may be established and used to fill future vacancies within 18 months from the date the vacancy was first advertised in the Gazette.
The department does currently offer flexible work opportunities for many roles. This vacancy is Canberra based, although flexible or remote work arrangements may be considered. Please reach out to the contact officer to discuss this further.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. The selection panel may not consider applications containing classified information.
Please provide a one page pitch (750 word maximum) explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to the role and why you are the best candidate for the position.
Please complete your application online and provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Elise Rodgers on email@example.com