About the department
The department plays a key role in the Australian Government’s agenda to create jobs and build a stronger, more resilient and competitive economy. Our work builds on Australia’s existing strengths, supports businesses to grow and drives new opportunities for long-term productivity growth and prosperity.
The success of the department helps Australia recover from the economic consequences of COVID‑19 and adapt to its ongoing effects. Through our work, we support the government’s economic recovery plan and help to deliver a better future for all Australians.
About the team
The business.gov.au Content Team is looking for a Digital marketing and social media coordinator with highly developed communication, written and analytical skills to join the team.
The team is responsible for writing, editing and managing business related content, events, and grant opportunities on the business.gov.au website and social media channels.
business.gov.au connects Australian business owners to information, grants and support from all levels of government. It is one of the most visited websites operated by the Commonwealth Government.
The Digital marketing and social media coordinator role will focus on managing and growing the business.gov.au online communities by developing engaging content for the social media channels, electronic direct mail and the business.gov.au website to connect Australian business owners and business intenders to support and information.
We have a collaborative, flexible work environment and we recognise the importance of balancing work commitments with family, caring and other personal commitments outside work. We offer a hybrid work arrangement where you will be able to work remotely and in the office.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment to write engaging content for the Australian business community.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in end-to-end management of social media channels including;
- creating and maintaining content calendars and community moderation; and
- the development and implementation of strategies to drive user growth and engagement
- Experience developing written and visual content for websites, email marketing and social media
- Experience using content management systems for websites, social media and electronic direct mail
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and report on digital marketing and social media performance to inform strategies
- Strong writing skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- The ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
What you will do
Candidates should be comfortable in a dynamic fast moving environment and bring a personal commitment to provide support to our users.
As the Digital marketing and social media coordinator, you will plan and implement engaging content for the business.gov.au digital channels including the website, social media and newsletter.
You will complete the following tasks:
• Research, write and edit content for the business.gov.au website and social media channels in accordance with the business.gov.au content playbook and Australian Government Style Manual
• Publish content using content and social media management systems
• Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders to create and improve content
• Monitor and moderate social media channels and troubleshoot, resolve or escalate issues as appropriate
• Analyse data and make recommendations to improve content and audience growth on the digital channels
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
A merit pool may be established to fill future APS Level 6 ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies should they become available within 18 months from the date advertising.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, CV and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
You are required to complete your application online. Provide a pitch explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role and why you are the best candidate for the position. Your pitch can contain no more than 5000 characters (approximately 750 words) and should align to the job description.
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6276 1235 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Katie LoPilato via email@example.com or 02 6213 7986
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include full time/part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, mature age, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. Please contact our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.