2024 Graduate Development Program
Job no: 512454
Employment type: Ongoing
Location: Canberra, Any location in Australia
Categories: Graduate, APS Level 3
About our department
We help solve some of Australia’s most pressing challenges.
Our department and portfolio is at the heart of the Australian Government’s economic agenda. We’re building a better future for all Australians by:
- growing innovative and competitive businesses, industries and regions
- investing in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- supporting a strong resources sector.
From critical technologies to critical minerals, astronomy to supply chains, we’re many policy topics, industries, and careers in one.
We know to deliver this unique breadth of work we need people with diverse skills and lived experiences. This is why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, where you feel safe and valued. We empower you to achieve your goals in a way that works for you. Like flexible working where you can work in-person, hybrid, or remotely across Australia.
Learn more about us at industry.gov.au
About our Graduate Development Program
The Graduate Development Program gives you an opportunity to build and embed the skills you have gained during university through work that directly benefits Australians.
During our program you will be provided:
- soft and technical skills training
- on-the-job learning
- the opportunity to collaborate with other graduates on a major project tackling real-life policy issues.
We accept all disciplines of study and have many opportunities available to use your skills, knowledge and experience. We value people who have strong communication, teamwork, research and analysis skills, who are adaptable and show initiative and judgment.
The program offers:
- a structured 12-month training and development program
- opportunity to contribute to the creating a better future for community the APS serves
- competitive remuneration with 37.5-hour work week
- access to flexible work arrangements and working from home
- multiple work placements to experience diverse roles and responsibilities across the department
- commencement as an APS 3 with a starting salary of $70,489 plus 15.4% superannuation
- advancement to APS 5 (current salary of $80,250 plus 15.4% superannuation) once you successfully complete the program
- dedicated graduate support team with mentoring opportunities with senior executive staff
- exclusive networking events
- relocation assistance for eligible graduates.
To be eligible for a graduate position you must:
- be an Australian Citizen at time of application
- have completed a minimum of a three-year undergraduate degree within the last 5 years (completed between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2023)
- have any relevant overseas qualification recognised by National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR)
- be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance
- be prepared to relocate to Canberra*.
*Most graduate roles are located in Canberra however where our department has positions available in other locations and graduates have expressed interest, graduates may be placed outside Canberra.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
We welcome applications through our online system. To apply, please provide a response up to 300 words to the following:
- What is motivating you to apply for the DISR 2024 Graduate Development Program?
You are also required to provide your current CV and official academic transcript with your application. (Attachments must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
If you have any questions regarding your application or the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the Graduate Development Program or our department more broadly, please contact EmploymentPrograms@industry.gov.au.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend