General Manager (SES Band 1), Chief Information Officer Division, Various Branches
Job no: 513208
Employment type: Ongoing
Location: Any location in Australia
Categories: Info/Comm Tech (ICT), Corporate, SES Band 1, Organisation Leadership
The department plays a key role in the Australian Government’s agenda to create jobs and build a stronger, more resilient and competitive economy. Our work builds on Australia’s existing strengths, supports businesses to grow, and drives new opportunities for long-term productivity growth and prosperity. The success of the department helps Australia recover from the economic consequences of COVID‑19 and adapt to its ongoing effects. Through our work, we support the government’s economic recovery plan and help to deliver a better future for all Australians.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) Division is looking to fill a General Manager role. The three General Manager roles in the CIO Division include:
- ICT Operations
- Digital Services for Business and
- Digital Strategy and Cyber Security
There is an immediate vacancy in the ICT Operations Branch, however candidates interested in either the Digital Services for Business Branch or the Digital Strategy and Cyber Security Branch are encouraged to apply.
This process may be used to fill similar vacancies at this classification both within the agency and the wider APS, as they become available within an 18-month period.
You will report to the Chief Information Officer and play a key role in promoting cross collaboration across the department and government. You will have the unique opportunity to form an integral part of the CIO Division’s leadership team and play a pivotal role in contributing to the strategic direction of the department, championing reform, managing delivery of digital and ICT services, and driving change in both policy and divisional operations.
We are looking for a person with a proven track record, who demonstrates:
- an exceptional ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, to achieve organisational and cross government outcomes collegiately
- excellent communication and negotiation skills
- an ability to interpret and synthesise business and department needs and requirements for services, and deliver solutions which meet those needs, whilst meeting dynamic timeframes
- experience in leading significant change programs
- excellent understanding of the mechanisms of government including cabinet and whole of government processes to enable cross departmental delivery
- high level leadership capability (including intellectual leadership) and superior people management skills
- analytical abilities of a high order and experience in solving complex issues under compressed timeframes
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they can deliver high quality services and products, manage requirements of multiple Ministers and various divisions of the department, develop the strategic direction of the team and deliver outcomes collaboratively and in dynamic environment.
It is a condition of your employment with the department that you are able to obtain and maintain a ‘Baseline’ security clearance, therefore Australian Citizenship is a prerequisite.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior ICT, digital government or service delivery roles are preferred.
Before applying, please obtain selection documentation from the Executive Intelligence Group vacancies page www.executiveintelligencegroup.com.au Ref. No. 863. If you require further information, please contact Tricia Searson or Karina Duffey at Executive Intelligence Group on (02) 6232 2200.
To apply, please submit your CV including the contact details of 2 referees and an up to 2-page pitch (800 word maximum) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job by 11:55pm Sunday 11 June 2023 via the link below: https://executiveintelligencegroup.com.au/vacancies/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results